- This event has passed.
Application Deadline: 2020 NC Biotech Translational Research Grant, Cycle 2
February 26 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Applications due February 26th
The TRG program funds projects that explore potential commercial applications or initiate the early commercial development of university-held life science inventions. The technology must have the potential to solve a real-world problem as a commercial product in the life science sector.
The goals of the TRG program are:
- Transform basic research discoveries into product-focused translational research development
- Generate data that addresses important product development milestones, addresses the concerns of potential licensees or investors, or otherwise de-risks the technology for a specific commercial application
- Enable strategic “go/no-go” decision-making regarding further technology development and/or pursuit of intellectual property protection
- Enable technology licensing efforts by the university
- Establish goal-oriented partnerships between university scientists, product development professionals, and key stakeholders
Proposals will be evaluated on the composition of the project team, including a project manager, and the setting of relevant, realistic, and achievable milestones during the product development tasks. See the guidelines for details.
Up to $100,000 may be requested for the technical and business development activities; an additional $10,000 supplement is available to support a project manager if one is not available to researchers through the applicant institution.
Applicants must be researchers employed by North Carolina-based universities or nonprofit research institutes. Technical projects may be conducted at awardee institutions or outsourced to contract research organizations. Further requirements and instructions are provided in the application guidelines below.
Learn more here.