- This event has passed.
Carolina Innovations Seminar: Trends and Models for Developing Therapeutics – Deerfield Management Discusses Pinnacle Hill Partnership with UNC
January 17 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Join the UNC Office of Technology Commercialization for the first Carolina Innovations Seminar of 2019, where leaders from Deerfield Management will discuss tends in therapeutics development and Pinnacle Hill, the new company created through its partnership with UNC-Chapel Hill. Deerfield has reserved $65 million to support the advancement of novel drug development projects at the University.
During the seminar, you’ll learn about:
- Current and future trends that Deerfield and industry leaders see in therapeutic development.
- How industry-academic partnerships are evolving and why they are important.
- Deerfield’s experience with its other academic partnerships.
- The Deerfield Management organization, including its investment philosophy, foundation and institute.
- Overview of the Pinnacle Hill partnership, including the RFP preproposal process for UNC investigators.
Get expert insights from key leaders on the Deerfield team:
- Joe Pearlberg, MD, PhD, Deerfield VP, Scientific Affairs and Pinnacle Hill Joint Steering Committee member
- Bill Slattery, Deerfield Partner, Therapeutics Private Transactions and Pinnacle Hill Joint Steering Committee member
- Nick Bishop, PhD, Deerfield Partner, Biotech and Pinnacle Hill Joint Steering Committee member
- Karen Heidelberger, Deerfield Partner and Chief Communication Officer
- Peter Steelman, Deerfield Partner, Therapeutics Private Transactions