Application Due for the Carolina Pitch Party
Did you come up with a creative idea over quarantine? Have you thought about starting a business with your friends? This is your opportunity to pitch the next best business idea, with the possibility of earning up to $5,000!
The countdown has officially begun as the Carolina Challenge’s 2020 Pitch Party approaches, which is “THE” cross-campus venture competition. Applications are live! Apply for the Pitch Party before October 22nd. The Carolina Challenge is hosted by the Entrepreneurship Center at UNC Kenan-Flagler and is an amazing way to practice pitching, receive feedback on your idea or venture, and network with some amazing entrepreneurs.
This year we are restructuring the format of the 2020 Pitch Party! With the application, we are asking ventures to submit a 60 second video pitch. After review, the finalists will move on to a live pitch in front of judges during the Virtual finals:
1. MINUTE TO WIN IT
· Video must be 60 seconds or less, to be submitted with your application.
· At least one person must be present on camera to introduce your team and venture name.
· There is no video altering allowed, meaning it is forbidden to speed up your video to achieve a lower time.
· Be Creative! This is your opportunity to appeal to judges in an unconventional way.
2. PITCH PARTY FINALS
· Taking place on November 5th, from 5:00-7:00pm
· You will be notified by November 1st, if your team has been selected pitch live during
· Finalists will be given FIVE minutes in front of judges to pitch their startup.
· A first place and runner-up from each category will be awarded a cash prize!
· The top two teams will have the opportunity to give a one minute pitch during the award ceremony for an extra prize.
*please visit the Carolina Challenge website for full competition rules and requirements. HERE: https://carolinachallenge.unc.edu/